Friday 15 March 2013

Hesitant

I've been hesitant about becoming a blogger.
 (i actually feel nerves now!) always thought it was a bit self-indulgent
 That and I'm not much of a writer.
I'm a thinker and a talker not a writer
But growing stuff has changed me, it's taken over my thoughts and dreams! so it needs to come out.
so here it is all 'blogged out' like a satisfying colonic.

Its not all about me.
I'm thirsty to learn so please share/add/correct me along the way.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I think the love of nature is in me.
I just get it, not in a scientific way but i feel unlike most things i have tried to learn i just understand it.
As a child i was always outside - on compulsory walks (cheers dad), i made umbrellas from giant wild rhubarb, perfume from rose petals, i even took imaginary people on tours around my garden. oh and my mums a Horticulturist. 

The other thing about me is that i have always hated the cold, dreaded winter claimed to suffer from S.A.D.......... but this growing malarky has changed that too. I love seasons ! all four of them and the winter being my favorite.
I love the anticipation of winter the preparing,clearing,digging,shifting,burning,turning,sorting.............. beer earning. 
so any way its starting here the early spring I've done plenty of the above in my plot and i'm trying my hardest to be patient and wait for the weather to warm a little ( we had four inches of the white stuff on Tuesday)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, glad to find your blog. It's a really nice beginning. I feel you are in the damn cold UK as well--but I might be wrong-- Keep the good work going, blog and allotment-- I have written my blog for about 5 years-- much of the writings is about gardening-- Although in Chinese. If you google yanatoxford, at least there are photos---Let's share our love to the nature -- From yanatoxford

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Thankyou Yanatoxford. kind words- ill have a look at your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete